Scarborough Village Theatre
3600 Kingston Rd,
Originally known as “Playhouse 66”, Theatre Scarborough is an affiliation of community theatre groups who perform at the Scarborough Village Theatre.
Playhouse 66 was named for our previous theatre building, an old church at 66 Denton Avenue – where the Oakridge Community Centre is now. In 1982 we moved into the newly build Scarborough Village Theatre where we continue to perform today.
Scarborough Theatre Guild was formed in 1959 from the amalgamation of three smaller community theatre groups. Their headquarters was an old farm house at Midland and Ellesmere where set building took place in two old chicken houses. The group flourished, and in 1969 moved into an old church at 66 Denton Avenue – the birth of Playhouse 66.